Once a CCTV campaign has been carried out and the serviceability and structural grading of the pipes has been undertaken. The pipes that require maintenance have been identified and each of these is then reviewed individually, analysing the CCTV Survey, identifying the defects that require a repair.
This post will outline the process from looking at a CCTV Survey defect to generating a repair via the schedule functionality, as well as a post-CCTV Survey scheduling, after the repair work has been carried out.
1. For this example I have a CCTV Survey, named for convenience, ‘PRE CCTV’ for a pipe US manhole ID MH1001, DS Manhole MH1002.
2. A closer look at the defects reveals at a distance of 9.6m a code ‘H’ (Hole).
3. On the CCTV dialog box use the ‘Schedule Pipe Repair’ button on the CCTV Survey dialog box, circled in red below, to generate a pipe repair.
4. The ‘Create Scheduled Tasks’ is presented with the task type to create set to ‘Pipe Repair’.
Choose the appropriate the ‘creation options’ as required. Note that the repair automatically inherits the ‘CCTV Survey ID (before)’ filed value from the CCTV Survey it is generated from.
A date and time planned and resource (team leader) should be set. This can be achieved through custom scheduling, but this will not be discussed in the context of this document.
5. Once all repairs have been created, the network is committed. InfoNet Mobile will then pick up the committed pipe repairs. The following image shows the pipe repair object created for this example on the timeline against the resource.
6. Note that the ‘CCTV Survey ID (before) values is populated on the InfoNet Mobile report.
7. The form is completed and the ‘CCTV required’ check box is ticked to specify that a post repair survey is required. Hitting the ‘Complete’ button will save and close the report ready for uploading into InfoNet.
8. Back in InfoNet, we note that the Pipe Repair has been updated.
9. To generate the post CCTV Survey, the ‘Update Scheduled Tasks’ menu option or button (see image below) has to be used. This updates the repair and creates a new CCTV Survey.
10. Note the ‘Review CCTV Survey (after)’ field now has a value with the CCTV Survey ID.
Note also that the Pre-survey CCTV, Post Survey CCTV are now associated with the Pipe Repair.
11. Now that the post CCTV Survey has been generated, when the network is committed this survey will be picked up by InfoNet Mobile.