On April 7, 2016, Dr. Paul Boulos presented the Agreement of Cooperation between the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and the Federation of Lebanese Engineers (FLE). Present at this auspicious occasion were Mr. Khaled Chehab, FLE President, Dr. Abdulmenhem Alameddine, Former FLE President, Dr. Makram Suidan, Dean of Engineering at the American University of Beirut and the Honorable Ambassador Theodore Kattouf, President and CEO of AMIDEAST.
ASCE and FLE have entered into this Agreement to facilitate the enhancements of the efforts of each organization to better serve the public and the engineering profession in its own country. This includes:
- Exchange of information regarding the engineering profession in general
- Publishing articles, papers, and information under preferred terms and in accordance with an agreement specific to each case provided appropriate measures are taken to identify authors, protect their rights, and if required obtain prior permission of authors.
- Encouragement of the exchange of publications so that both organizations may establish and maintain depositories of technical publications
- Encouragement of joint events of all kinds
- Encouragement of the exchange of students, lecturers, and guests.
- Exchange of information regarding scientific and technical events that are of mutual interest
- Exchange of technical periodicals and other publications according to an agreed-upon special literature exchange list
- Provide mutual professional advice, especially in all areas of international, technical and scientific matters to the extent provided by each organization to its own members.